Date:      Sun, 23 Dec 2001 11:04:20 +0100
From:      Adrian Steinmann <ast@marabu.ch>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>, Murray Stokely <murray@freebsd.org>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Waaaarg, we just blew out the kernel again..

Mike Smith replied to my suspicion:
   > I have the suspicion that if one sets LOADER_BZIP2_SUPPORT=YES
   > *without* LOADER_NO_GZIP_SUPPORT=YES then one can't load .bz2
   > files, i.e. this patch really burns the gzip bridge for good.

   If this is really the case, it needs to be fixed.

I've investigated this further, it was a bug in my local build
(independant of 'make release') environment (WORLD_FLAGS was not
propagated into that local build).  This resulted in my customized
boot floppies still containing the old gzip/no-bzip loader which
failed to load .bz2 files.

If we can fit a bzip+gzip loader on make release floppies, that
would be good because someone could use their old floppies with the
new loader. I.e. we should avoid LOADER_NO_GZIP_SUPPORT=YES for the
time being.

Adrian