Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 2000 00:38:09 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Jamie Jones <jamie@bishopston.net>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The Power to Serve England

On Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 12:17:53AM +0100, Mark Ovens wrote:

[snip]

> The following, from you original post sounded political to me:
>
> 	I can see no reason shouldn't be
> 	under the uk heirarchy, or is this more a political than
> 	geographical split ?
>
> 	[snip]
>
> 	What are so special about these groups, as to not include us
> 	Welsh, or the Scots and Irish ?

Having actually visited the URL in the original post I find:

       There are MANY news hierarchies related to this part of the
       world including, but not limited to:

        uk.*
        scot.*
        wales.*
        ie.* (Ireland)
        ni.* (Northern Ireland)
        south-wales.*

	england.* is the newest hierarchy to join the fold.

So perhaps I should be asking "What are so special about the scot.*
and wales.* groups, as to not include we English"

[ducks and runs] :)

--
        Want a lean, mean, computing machine?
	Get rid of that excess FAT - install FreeBSD