Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 2004 09:12:33 +0200
From:      Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb.quenot@caraldi.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Location of Java libraries [Was: tomcat41 producing 28 java daemons]

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx

* Herve Quiroz:

> On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 04:37:28PM +0200, Dag-Erling Smrgrav wrote:
>
> > The   correct  location   is  /usr/local/share/java/classes/*,   aka
> > ${JAVAJARDIR} in ports.
>
> Speaking of that, maybe this would be  a good time to review the ports
> tree  to  detect Java  ports  that  do  not  comply with  this  common
> scheme. I have  started to submit  PRs for ports  that do not  use the
> JAVAJARDIR  macro directly  but maybe  it would  be nice  if we  had a
> central point where a common TODO list could be implemented...

I'm against the  warnings of portlint if the packing  list contains jars
outside of the =AB=A0correct=A0=BB location:   Java applications often come=
 with
their own jars, sometimes it is difficult or impossible to customize the
location  of  the  required  libraries.  Also,  when  installing  a  web
application, the location is hardcoded to WEB-INF/lib.

Regards,
--=20
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
http://caraldi.com/jbq/