Date:      Thu, 05 Dec 1996 17:12:27 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.DIALix.COM>
To:        torstenb@pegasus.tlk.com (Torsten Blum)
Cc:        pst@shockwave.com (Paul Traina), roberto@keltia.freenix.fr, CVS-committers@freefall.freebsd.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: news/lib - lib/news ???

Torsten Blum wrote:
> Paul Traina wrote:
>
> > I'm strongly against this change, and as the inn-current maintainer refuse
> > to make it (and won't let it go in).
> >
> > There's a large installed base of inn users that will get screwed the next
> > time they upgrade if you do this.  Given that inn is the dominant news syst
    em
> > and /explicitly changed/ to follow this new format,  I think you're making
> > a mistake trying to move backwards in time.
> >
> > If that's not enough, I *like* the inn directory layout.  Inn is a standalo
    ne
> > subsystem.
>
> I _totally_ agree with Paul here. I refuse to change the "non-current" inn
> port too.

Now that's what I call solidarity. ;-)

I don't really care either way (I use a version of inn with a 20,000 line
diff to the release version), but it would be nice if everything was
consistant.

The question becomes, "what about cnews?"  I only (personally) know of
one cnews site amongst our customers.  Everybody that we deal with (bar
that company) uses either some PC based system or inn.

>   -tb

Cheers,
-Peter