Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 2015 01:37:12 -0400
From:      Brandon Allbery <allbery.b@gmail.com>
To:        Zoran Kolic <zkolic@sbb.rs>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: fat32 question

On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 12:55 AM, Zoran Kolic <zkolic@sbb.rs> wrote:

> I have a device to which I'd like to connect otg cable
> and insert 16gb usb stick. Tried "newfs_msdos -F32 /dev/da0".

This was probably a mistake; USB sticks are partitioned, and you wiped out
the partition table by using da0 instead of e.g. da0s1. Most other systems
--- and automount utilities even for FreeBSD --- won't understand it any
more.

allbery.b@gmail.com                                  ballbery@sinenomine.net