Date:      Fri, 25 Jun 2004 20:07:12 -0400
From:      "Arend P. van der Veen" <apvanderveen@att.net>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: mozilla-1.6_4,2

Hi,

I have a general question about how to configure mozilla.  I personally
like to use a window manager like "ion".  GNOME is very beautiful but I
usually do not need all of the additional applications and overhead.   I
usually install X, ion and Mozilla.   The big problem that I am having
(and why I am making this post) is that when I configure the system in
this fashion Mozilla does not look very good.  If I install GNOME
everything looks great.  I can even run mozilla from "ion" and it looks
great.

I have played around with fonts, etc. but it has never had any big
impact.   I  have found that installing the bitstream-vera fonts help.

Does anybody have an explanation of what is going on here ?  Are there
some key libraries from GNOME that I need to compile mozilla with ?  I
would be very interested in any feedback.

I am running FreeBSD 5.2.1, Mozilla 1.6_4.2 and GNOME2-2.6.1.

Thanks in advance,
Arend van der Veen