Date:      Sat, 29 Apr 2000 22:18:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      patl@phoenix.volant.org
To:        "Jason J. Horton" <jason@intercom.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Handspring Visor USB cradle support?

On 20-Apr-00 at 15:10, Jason J. Horton (jason@intercom.com) wrote:
> Are there any plans to port the NetBSD driver for the Handspring Visor
> USB
> cradle to FreeBSD? Would be nice to be able to hotsync this durn thing.

Sorry for the slow reply - I've been too busy to keep up on this list.

I've been using coldsync from the ports to sync my Visor Delux.  It
provides the basic framework, with no frills; but it does support
USB undef FreeBSD 4.0.  (Note - you might need to bring your system
up to -stable.  I had some problems initially setting coldsync up
[ mostly my own ignorance ]; some of them seemed to go away when I
CVSup'd and did a make world.)

Note that in the default setup, you'll need to run it as root to have
access to /dev/ugen0.  I chose to fix that by creating a new group,
changing the group ownership of /dev/ugen* to the new group, and making
coldsync set-gid to that group.

-Pat