Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 10:58:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      armand sulter <asulter@enter.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   make buildworld after cvsup failing

Hiya,

I keep running into the same problem with 4.1 stable,
when I cvsup the sources, ports and docs to
current and do a 'make buildworld' it bums
out, even a fresh install off 4.1 does the same
thing, this is what i get :

eelf_i386.o: In function `gldelf_i386_open_dynamic_archive':
eelf_i386.o(.text+0xc7b): undefined reference to `basename'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/ld.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

I've seen a few posts of people with the same problem
just never an answer.

Any suggestions would be great ! :)

With best regards,

Armand Sulter