Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 10:31:10 -0700
From:      Decker Godfrey <tres@europe.com>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   volunteer to field misdirected questions

Hello all,

As a lurker to this list, I've had a number of opportunities to see
misdirected questions to the doc list get some responses that were, well...
less than helpful.

As a relative newcomer to the FreeBSD world, I know how hard it can be to
adjust from a "point and click" mentality, or the chaotic (but newbie
friendly!) one-stop-shopping howto style of help; there's just a lot to try
and approach all at once.  So sending email to the wrong list, or letting
outlook format it in HTML are small sins on my list.

I wanted to see if any of you would be interested in the idea of a rotating
"designated hitter" for the misdirected questions.  I think there are three
good reasons for this: first, it will cut down on the list traffic; second, it
will save time of those who have been taking time out to write back to these
people; and third it will give the questioner a kinder, gentler intro to
FreeBSD style help.

I'd be willing to pull the duty for a while; it would give me a chance to get
more involved with the documentation project while I'm still getting my
sea-legs.

Thanks,
Tres