Date:      21 Sep 2002 01:58:49 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <stacey@Demon.vickiandstacey.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        sroberts@dsl.pipex.com, Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: So what's replaced pspell-0.12.2_1?

--=-mwgN1yZ0usZ2U9MT+pVi

Just so you're not left thinking that I'm off my rocker or something,
this is what pkgdb -F gives me (after running portsdb -Uu):

Checking etherape-0.8.2_2
Stale dependency: etherape-0.8.2_2 -> pspell-0.12.2_1:
New dependency? (? to help):=20

I elected to delete this dependancy here, and for the dependancy raised
for Evolution (later on in this run) I completed replaced pspell with
aspell:
New dependency? (? to help): aspell-0.50.1_2
Fixed. (-> aspell-0.50.1_2)

Is this where is start contemplating:
rm -r /usr/ports  and re-cvsup'ing???

This is crazy., I've been "almost religiously" diligent with maintaining
my ports tree without problems., and then this happens..,

Stacey

On Sat, 2002-09-21 at 01:46, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 01:37:03AM +0100, Stacey Roberts wrote:
> > If by dependancies, you refer to stuff like Evolution and Etherape, the=
> > they're still showing up on my system as requiring pspell.., hence my
> > weariness to proceed with this..,
>=20
> Neither evolution nor etherape depend on pspell.  Evolution depends on
> gnomespell, which depends in turn on aspell, and etherape has no
> dependency on any spell-checker that I can see (and as a network
> traffic monitor I can't see why it should need one).
>=20
> It looks like you either have out of date ports, or some screwed up
> dependencies in your packages.
>=20
> Kris
--=20