Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 1999 21:06:04 -0400
From:      Rick Knebel <rknebel@uplink.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftp and telnet

Hi,

I don,t know if this makes sense but here goes.
I have my freebsd machine 3.1 set up as a server for a home network.
I have a static IP address and previously on other installs had no problems
telneting and ftping into my machine.

Now here is where it gets weird.

I can ftp into it fine.
If I then telnet into it and try to go back and ftp again it will not
connect though I can continue to reconnect with telnet.

Does this make sense to anyone.

I also cannot ping my hostname from outside without enabling the routing
dameon in the rc.config.

I would be happy to supply any more inf if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks
Alot

Rick

--