Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 2000 09:11:10 -0500
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@luke.immure.com>
To:        Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
Cc:        Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com>, The Clark Family <res03db2@gte.net>, j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>, Neill Robins <freebsd@nc.rr.com>, "Jasper O'Malley" <jooji@nickelkid.com>, Mark Ovens <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IBM supercomputer

On Sat, Jul 01, 2000 at 07:37:59PM +0530, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:
> Bob Willcox said on Jul  1, 2000 at 08:23:22:
> > Well, one never really knows for sure what will make it out the door.  I
> > believe it is public knowledge that IBM has been working on a version of
> > AIX to run on Intel's itanium but I know nothing about it.
>
> I thought that was Monterey.  The combined IBM/SCO/HP thing.

Yep, that is the code name.  I didn't think HP had anything to do with
it though (didn't last time I talked to my IBM buddies working on it
about it, but that's been about a year ago now).  Times and politics do
change.

Bob

--
Bob Willcox                   Everyone complains of his memory, no one of
bob@immure.com                his judgement.