Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 2003 12:53:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Cc:        acpi-jp@jp.freebsd.org
Subject:   acpi_toshiba and acpi_asus drivers

I'm prepping/reworking some user-submitted drivers for import.  I'd like
some comments on the directory structure.  The hardware both drive is
everything from fans to hotkeys to lcd backlight.  Both are very
hw-specific and do not conform to the ACPI spec although they do control
their functions through ACPI.

The directory structure I'm currently working with is:
    sys/i386/acpica/acpi_toshiba.c
    sys/i386/acpica/acpi_asus.c
    sys/modules/acpi_toshiba/Makefile
    sys/modules/acpi_asus/Makefile
    share/man/man4/acpi_toshiba.4
    share/man/man4/acpi_asus.4

One alternative is to their modules under the acpi dir (e.g.,
sys/modules/acpi/acpi_toshiba).  Also, the driver src could be
sys/dev/acpi_toshiba.  However, a new dir for just one file seems a bit
much.  My main concern is that as these drivers proliferate that we keep
the dir structure neat.

Thanks,
Nate