Date:      Fri, 15 May 2009 16:52:52 +0200
From:      Yamagi Burmeister <lists@yamagi.org>
To:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [new port] graphics/linux-dri74

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

Am Wed, May 13, 2009 at 05:34:17PM +0400 schrieb Boris Samorodov:
> Don't see anything obvious, sorry. Anybody else?
>=20
> Did you try to use xf86-video-radeonhd?

OK,
i gave both xf86-video-radeonhd and xf86-video-radeonhd a try. No
change, native FreeBSD applications are still running fine and fast,
Linux applications tell that direct rendering is enabled but fall back
to the slow software rasterizer.

After that I installed both FreeBSD/amd64 and FreeBSD/i386 to another
box with a Radeon X1550. Using FreeBSD/amd64 the problems are of course
the same. But using FreeBSD/i386 the new linux_dri ports suddenly works.
So my guess is, that the problem has something todo with the bit depth.
In detail:

 FreeBSD 32bit -> Linux 32bit =3D> works
 FreeBSD 64bit -> Linux 32bit =3D> falls back to software rasterizer

I don't know, if this is a known "problem" regarding DRI and DRM. And I
have no other hardware to test with. The next step would be testing if
only the Radeon DRM shows this behavior or if other drivers like Intel
behave the same. Nevertheless I'll try FreeBSD 64bit -> FreeBSD 32bit
over the weekend, and see if that works. If it doesn't it's a general
problem of DRM and not of linux_drm.

  Yamagi

--=20
Homepage:     www.yamagi.org