Date:      Sun, 6 Oct 2002 00:51:59 -0400
From:      mpd <mpd@rochester.rr.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   usb compact flash card reader issues

Hi,

I'm attempting to get a Kodak usb compact flash card reader to
mount under FreeBSD (4.7-PRERELEASE). The device is recognized
when I plug it into a port:

uhci0: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> port 0x6800-0x681f irq 9 at device 7.2 on pci0
usb0: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> on uhci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: VIA UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
ugen0: SHUTTLE SCM Micro USBAT-02 , rev 1.00/0.05, addr 2 <---------

From what I've read, it should attach to the da device to allow
mounting. I'm not seeing any of this. From my kernel conf:

# SCSI peripherals
device      scbus       # SCSI bus (required)
device      da      # Direct Access (disks)
device      pass        # Passthrough device (direct SCSI access)

# USB support
device      uhci        # UHCI PCI->USB interface
device      ohci        # OHCI PCI->USB interface
device      usb     # USB Bus (required)
device      ugen        # Generic
device      uhid        # "Human Interface Devices"
device      umass       # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da

Output of camcontrol devlist -v:
#camcontrol devlist -v
scbus-1 on xpt0 bus 0:
<  >                               at scbus-1 target -1 lun -1 (xpt0)

Output of usbdevs -v:
#usbdevs -v
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000), VIA(0x0000), rev 1.00
 port 1 powered
 port 2 addr 2: power 100 mA, config 1, SCM Micro USBAT-02 (0x1010), SHUTTLE(0x04e6), rev 0.05

Has anyone been able to get one of these to work? How did you do it?

thanks,

mike