Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:45:26 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ulv@mondenet.com
Subject:   Re: Help

* jaime Aguirre <ulv@mondenet.com> [20020117 09:27]: wrote:
> Hello,
> please help me with this one;
> Which is the flavor or Version of Unix that if I new it, it was going to
> make my FreeBSD learning easier?

That _must_ be FreeBSD itself because it doesn't have a precursor (sorry my
English is going stale).
FreeBSD is much easier to even install I can assure you. I've meant to try
OpenBSD and it's a nightmare for me going past their fdisk/disklabel.
Another thing, there are two commands in FreeBSD (Unix generally):

1. apropos
2. man

While they may not be so friendly to a newbie they can start you off. Of course
there is also a list for newbies (I guess) where you can ask newbie questions.
This list is also of much help if they believe you've done what it takes at your
level to tackle an issue before asking (that is what I've learnt while here).

So start by

man man
man apropos

Look at the handbook (http://www.FreeBSD.org/handbook) and sometimes a search