Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 1997 09:14:17 +0000
From:      Kachun Lee <kachun@zippo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kmem_map full with 2.2beta to 2.2-releng-970422

After upgraded some of our news servers to 2.2, they would panic about every
other days with the kmem_map full (Just for info, they went fine with
2.1.6). I increased NMBCLUSTERS from 3000 to 4000 to 5000 to 6000 and that
did not help. I logged the netstat -m every 15 minutes and the mbufs usage
was in the 2000s when the system crashed.

Any suggestion, or where or how I should look for the problem?

Thank you in advance.

PS: system conf->

maxusers    128

# options   MATH_EMULATE        #Support for x87 emulation
options     INET            #InterNETworking
options     FFS         #Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options     NFS         #Network Filesystem
options     MFS         #Memory File System
options     MSDOSFS         #MSDOS Filesystem
options     "CD9660"        #ISO 9660 Filesystem
options     PROCFS          #Process filesystem
options     "COMPAT_43"     #Compatible with BSD 4.3
options     SCSI_DELAY=15       #Be pessimistic about Joe SCSI device
options     UCONSOLE        #Allow users to grab the console

options     OPEN_MAX=4000
options     CHILD_MAX=2000
options     NMBCLUSTERS=5000

options     "MAXMEM=(192*1024)"