Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:14:22 +0100
From:      Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
To:        Gheorghe Ardelean <ardelean@ww.uni-erlangen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No Console section in sysinstall's Configuration menu on sparc64

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 02:22:07AM +0100, Gheorghe Ardelean wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see that sysinstall in FreeBSD sparc64 has in Configuration
> menu no Console section. In this way I can not configure the moused via
> sysinstall.

IIRC the problem is that the Console Menu isn't fine grained enough;
the existing knob just allows it to be turned on or off but not
disable f.e. font and keymap selection as currently required for
sparc64 due to lack of 12x22 fonts in share/syscons/fonts (the
existing smaller fonts look horrible at the required resolution).
Anyone willing to create, draw, etc 12x22 fonts with an appropriate
license?

> Anyway it seems that it works and the corresponding commands
> for Ultra 5 and maybe also Ultra 10 to setup and enable are:
>
> moused -t mousesystems -p /dev/ttyu3
> vidcontrol -m on
>
> or make the changes permanent via /etc/rc.conf:
>
> moused_enable="YES"
> moused_type="mousesystems"
> moused_port="/dev/ttyu3"
>
> and it works also togheter with the Xorg.conf I have posted on this list!

The more appropriate device would be /dev/cuau3.

Marius