Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2000 19:47:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with vmware2

Hi, does anybody have vmware version 2 running?  Version 1 the port failed
to make but the version 2 one installed fine.  It starts up fine and as I
run through the whole configuration wizard it seems to be going correctly.
But when I try to power it on I get
"unsupported mouse type "sysmouse" unable to open mouse device for full
screen VGA.  Full screen VGA will not be available."
I hit ok and get:
"could not open /dev/vmnet0  no such file or directory"
	I hit ok and it tries to open a few windows but thy close right
away and I'm back to the vmware window where I was just before pressing
power on.  I'm running as root becuase I get failed premissions for things
if I run it as a normal user.  Also is there any downside to putting
linprocfs in fstab so that it mounts every time on boot?
	So does anybody know how to fix this?  I'm hoping that if I can
run Win98 in vmware I can nearly eliminate rebooting to use windows (an
unfortunate necessity).  Thank you,

						Tim

"A government big enough to give you everything
you want, is a government big enough to take
from you everything you have."
				-Gerald Ford