Date:      Sat, 31 May 2003 00:22:59 -0700
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        threads@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   libthr: thr_create(2): no kernel stack?

Gang,

I'm porting libthr to ia64 and reached a point where I can actually
do initial testing. I immediately hit upon a snafu in thr_create(2).
The second bcopy (ie sys/kern/kern_thr.c:159) is panicing because
the new thread (td0) does not have a frame (ie td_frame == NULL).
Creating a frame is obviously the thing to do, but there's no kernel
stack created for the new thread AFAICT. Without kernel thread.
cpu_set_upcall() will also fail if we ever reach that point.

Am I missing something here?