Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 1996 21:33:41 -400 (EDT)
From:      Jay Richmond <jayrich@in.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   multiple operating systems (outline)

As suggested by John Fieber, this is my outline for making FreeBSD
co-exist with other popular operating systems.  Suggestions are very much
appreciated. This is an very rough outline, please keep that in mind.
---
I.  Pre-installation  basic steps, partitioning your hard disk correctly
    for multiple OSs, that kindof stuff will come first.
	A.  What to do first if you are currently running
		1.  Microsoft DOS (Windows 95)
		2.  IBM OS/2
		3.  Linux
	B.  Large EIDE drives
		1. Disk geometry
		2. BIOS settings
		3. etc.

II.  Post-installation
	A.  If you are already running FreeBSD and want to add more operating
	system(s)
		1. FDISK, FIPS
	B.  Comparison of FreeBSDs boot manager vs. LILO vs. OS/2 boot manager
        how to get them to work together if need be, that sort of thing

III.  Examples
	A.  Win95+FreeBSD
	B.  Win	95+OS/2+FreeBSD
	C.  Linux+FreeBSD (why would you?)
	D.  ???
---

--Jay Richmond

 E-Mail: jayrich@in.net
    WWW: http://www.in.net/~jayrich
Address: 8106 Halyard Way, Indinapolis, IN 46236-9567
  Phone: (317)823-1332
    Fax: (317)823-2730