Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2003 18:17:25 +0100
From:      Volker Kindermann <freebsd@secspace.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 and Samsung 191T

> > I just saw that your are not using the native NVIDIA driver! Use the
> > nvidia driver and I think the problem will be solved.
> > Go to http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=freebsd_1.0-3203
>
> thank you. At the moment, I'm installing the linux_base port to get
> the nvidia-driver installed. When everything is ready, I will report
> success or failure.

ok, with the nvidia-driver I at least get a usefull picture.

But the fonts are not good to read and color gradients look awful. :-(

It is ok for my momentary use of this machine but if anyone has some
hints how to "beautify" the screen, I'll be happy to hear about.

Didier, I like to thank you for your helpful hint.

 -volker