Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2000 11:16:53 +1000 (EST)
From:      Gavin Cameron <gavin@itworks.com.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBDS 4.1-STABLE getty and Cisco 2511

Hi,

We are using a CISCO 2511 to give us remote access to the serial ports on
a couple of 4.1-STABLE machines and getty seems to be giving me problems.

Using 'cu' I can communicate over the serial ports with the Cisco.

If I telnet to the cisco on port 2001 the getty on the serial port that's
connected to the first async port of the Cisco does ot respond...

Any help greatly appreciated.

Gavin

| Gavin Cameron                      |          ITworks Consulting         |
| Ph    : +61 3 9642 5477            |       Level 8, 488 Bourke Street    |
| Fax   : +61 3 9642 5499            |         Melbourne,  Victoria        |
| Email : gavin@itworks.com.au       |           Australia,  3000          |