Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 1999 17:35:19 +0100
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Running Linux version of Netscape Directory Server under FreeBSD

Neil Smith wrote:

> I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has managed to run the beta of
> Netscape Directory v4 for Linux under FreeBSD. The installation bombs
> out for me almost immediately, but then I am running what I guess is a
> relatively old version of FreeBSD (2.2CAM....). Is there anything I can
> do to further diagnose the problem and potentially fix it?

A kernel trace (see ktrace(1)) always helps. Make sure the kernel has support
for kernel tracing. Also, since you're ktracing linux binaries, you'll need
linux_kdump in the ports collection instead of kdump(1).

If you know the reason as to why the installer fails, you'll probably also
know if it will work on 2.2CAM...

If I've time, I'll try it out on my machine myself.

marcel