Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:56:25 -0700
From:      VB <swive@getnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bad ports-supfile?

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

 I recently edited my ports-supfile to follow 4.4 release, and also to subscribe not only to all ports, but now also all docs and all source.  Since I made these changes, my source tree is fine, but my /usr/ports/ only has 3 sub-items: namely, INDEX.db, distfiles, and mail.  That is all nothing else.

WHy would this happen.  Please, if you have some time, look at my ports-supfile and tell me if it looks correct.

Thank you,

EVB

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

# $FreeBSD: src/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile,v 1.19.2.5 2001/04/22 16:52:53 asami Exp $
#
# This file contains all of the "CVSup collections" that make up the
# FreeBSD-current ports collection.
#
# CVSup (CVS Update Protocol) allows you to download the latest CVS
# tree (or any branch of development therefrom) to your system easily
# and efficiently (far more so than with sup, which CVSup is aimed
# at replacing).  If you're running CVSup interactively, and are
# currently using an X display server, you should run CVSup as follows
# to keep your CVS tree up-to-date:
#
#	cvsup ports-supfile
#
# If not running X, or invoking cvsup from a non-interactive script, then
# run it as follows:
#
#	cvsup -g -L 2 ports-supfile
#
# You may wish to change some of the settings in this file to better
# suit your system:
#
# host=CHANGE_THIS.FreeBSD.org
#		This specifies the server host which will supply the
#		file updates.  You must change it to one of the CVSup
#		mirror sites listed in the FreeBSD Handbook at
#		http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/mirrors.html.
#		You can	override this setting on the command line
#		with cvsup's "-h host" option.
#
# base=/usr
#		This specifies the root where CVSup will store information
#		about the collections you have transferred to your system.
#		A setting of "/usr" will generate this information in
#		/usr/sup.  Even if you are CVSupping a large number of
#		collections, you will be hard pressed to generate more than
#		~1MB of data in this directory.  You can override the
#		"base" setting on the command line with cvsup's "-b base"
#		option.  This directory must exist in order to run CVSup.
#
# prefix=/usr
#		This specifies where to place the requested files.  A
#		setting of "/usr" will place all of the files requested
#		in "/usr/ports" (e.g., "/usr/ports/devel", "/usr/ports/lang").
#		The prefix directory must exist in order to run CVSup.

# Defaults that apply to all the collections
#
# IMPORTANT: Change the next line to use one of the CVSup mirror sites
# listed at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/mirrors.html.
*default host=cvsup1.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_4
*default delete use-rel-suffix

# If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following line.
*default compress

## Ports Collection.
#
# The easiest way to get the ports tree is to use the "ports-all"
# mega-collection.  It includes all of the individual "ports-*"
# collections,
ports-all
src-all
doc-all

# These are the individual collections that make up "ports-all".  If you
# use these, be sure to comment out "ports-all" above.
#
# Be sure to ALWAYS cvsup the ports-base collection if you use any of the
# other individual collections below. ports-base is a mandatory collection
# for the ports collection, and your ports may not build correctly if it
# is not kept up to date.
#ports-base
#ports-archivers
#ports-astro