Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 11:19:50 -0700
From:      "Charles Burns" <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>
To:        vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET
Cc:        seanp@loudcloud.com, jgowdy@home.com, lplist@closedsrc.org, kris@obsecurity.org, mwlist@lanfear.com, freebsd@sysmach.com?, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: the AMD factor in FreeBSD

> > myself) that some of the latest Athlons of series AXIA and AZIA are
>labelled
> > at around 1500MHz.
>
>	I heard someone actually got one of the AXIA's to hit 2Ghz, don't
>know the truth to that one though.

Ya, with liquid nitrogen cooling. :-)
That doesn't really count though. If you've got those kinds of
resources--screw Athlons, get an 8-way P3 Xeon 4MB system or the like.

1500MHz is with normal cooling and often without even upping voltage.
Hmm, if you can do that you can probably up the voltage by .2 or so and run
at 1700 or 1800. Your CPU might be as hot as the surface of the sun, but
hey, buildworlds would be quick.

>Vince - vince@WURLDLINK.NET - Vice President             ________   __

Wow--a technically competant executive? Are you hiring? :)