Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 19:02:37 +0100
From:      Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Giles Horwitch-Smith <giles@netsight.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, iedowse@maths.tcd.ie
Subject:   Re: Netgear FA-410

In message <NEBBIECHCLHNPHMFEFMDEEDICAAA.giles@netsight.co.uk>, Giles Horwitch-
Smith writes:
>support in the 4.x series, I could spend a few hours getting the system up
>to 4.3RC1 like with the desktop but there is no point if it is not going to
>work.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas / suggestion / successful installations that
>could help me out please!?!

As a few people have suggested, the "fa_select" utility should make
this card work. Much of the confusion comes from the fact that
there are two different versions of the FA410, and nothing on the
packaging or the card tells you this. The old version worked fine,
but the new version requires fa_select.

An alternative to using fa_select is to try the patch at:

	http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~iedowse/FreeBSD/ed_patch_new

This is a version of the patch that went into -current, that has
been converted to work on -stable. With this, there should no longer
be a need for the "fa_select" program. Note that with this patch,
it is necessary to have "device miibus" in the kernel config file.

Ian