Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2002 19:52:21 -0500
From:      Alan Clegg <alan@clegg.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compaq Armada M700 DVD drive?

--EVh9lyqKgK19OcEf

Has anyone gotten a Compaq Armada M700 to install from CD-ROM?  I can
boot both a 4.4-RELEASE and a 4.5 "big install" disk with no problem,
but the kernel does not recognize the DVD drive..  I could install
via the (recognized) built-in ethernet, but if the DVD drive is not
going to work, I'd have to waste my time.

Win2K sees the drive as a "Compaq DVD-ROM DV28EA01"

Google didn't help much.

AlanC

--EVh9lyqKgK19OcEf

--EVh9lyqKgK19OcEf--