Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 2014 11:28:46 -0500
From:      Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
To:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@crodrigues.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org" <virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Bhyve and booting a ZFS-on-root system

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 9:57 AM, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@crodrigues.org>wrote:

> On Feb 23, 2014 2:59 AM, "Willem Jan Withagen" <wjw@digiware.nl> wrote:
> >

> > Op 22 feb. 2014 om 22:28 heeft Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@FreeBSD.org> het
> volgende geschreven:

> bhyve-vm.

> can
> >>

> >> ZFS on Root inside a BHyve VM was not working until
> >> today.  If you you have a FreeBSD-CURRENT system and then update
> >> to this revision:
> >>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-src-all/2014-February/081210.html
> >>
> >> then you can try it out.
> >

> > I'm running the amdsrc tree, so just upgrading current will probably not
> work.
> > Peter suggested that he would upgrade the amdsrc-tree shortly.
> > so I'll wait just for that.
> >
> > I'm also looking into running a Ubuntu vm. i want to test/use zoneminder,
> and all my FreeBSD attempts run into trouble.
> > So I'm also still looking for grub-bhyve.....
>
> grub2-bhyve is in ports: http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/grub2-bhyve/
>
> If you do a web search, you'll find several HOWTO articles for using it.
> Recently, Rudy wrote a nice one:
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-virtualization/2014-February/002305.html

Also keep in  mind most automation at this point is  nothing but generating
scripts designed for immediate use or user modifiction... (don't start with
our current ones because they are being debugged)... if you want a
scattered but very detailed discussion on what is required for these
scripts see
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-virtualization/2014-January/001979.html