Date:      Sun, 12 Jul 1998 15:49:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Keith Woodworth <kwoody@citytel.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ftp question...

I have been experimenting with ftp and user dirs. I have it setup now so
that a user ftp into their own space but how is it possible to keep them
in their own dir only?

eg:

as a test I have it setup as follows:

/u1 is ftp root dir

I made a test dir for auser under that:

/u1/woody

and a /u1/bin that has ls in it.

I ftp in as woody and get placed in /u1/woody. Though I can back out to
/u1 and ls from there and get dir list thats as far as I can go so I know
it works.

Is it possible to just keep a user in /u1/woody? Or for that matter keep
any user in only their /u1/<userdir>?

And I added ftponly to /etc/group but what I did not find anywhere is
what exactly it should be. I used this:

ftponly:*:6:woody

It seems to work. Any xtra into on this would be apprciated.

Keith