Date:      Tue, 28 Feb 2012 08:26:13 +0700
From:      Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@nsu.ru>
To:        Jung-uk Kim <jkim@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Resume broken in 8.3-PRERELEASE

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 12:46:07PM -0500, Jung-uk Kim wrote:
> Can you please try head and/or stable/9?  FYI, Linux people found that
> some BIOSes can corrupt low 64KB between suspend/resume, which may
> cause strangeness like this.  I worked around it in head (r231781)
> and stable/9 (r232088).

Frankly speaking, last time I tried next stable to my running branch (not
to mention head) I've gained more problems than solutions.  :-)  For
example, when this laptop of mine was running stable/7 suspend/resume was
working for months.  I only (reluctantly) switched to stable/8 as I've
noticed it's getting more attention that 7.x series, and annoying people
with "please MFC it to 7.x!" calls does not look particularly nice.

I remember that commit of your, though.  I will try to backport at and
report of the results, thanks!

./danfe