Date:      03 May 2002 12:06:05 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Tim Boring <tboring@insight.rr.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problem with evolution mail component

On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 19:13, Tim Boring wrote:
> When I try to "send/receive" evo downloads the first 30 of 40 messages
> then quits with this message:
>
> "The Evolution component that handles folders of
> type 'mail' has unexpectedly quit.  You will need
> to quit Evolution and restart in order to access that data again."
>
> This is occurring on a fresh install of 4.5-Release with the Generic
> kernel.  After the install I restored my $HOME/evolution folder from
> backup and everything was working fine...even at lunch-time today.
>
> In the meantime, here's what I've done to try to fix this problem:
> 1. Closed evolution; ran "killev"; restarted evolution and tried
> "sending/receiving" again...still hung on d/l message 30 of 40 with
> same err msg. as above.
> 2. Copied $HOME/evolution to $HOME/evolution.bak; then restarted to try
> to recreate the account...didn't get the first-time druid, instead had
> email but only inbox folder (no subfolders).  still hung with above err
> msg.
> 3. For kicks, rebooted the machine. then when i started evo it prompted
> me to complete the first-time druid.  did so but still hung with above
> err mesg.
>
> Any ideas on what's going on here?

No.  I have about 1400 messages in my Evo IMAP inbox, and things work
fine.  What version of Evo are you using?  I recommend 1.0.3 for best
operation.  Of course, if that doesn't help, you may have to recompile
Evo with debugging symbols, and try to do a core analysis to see where
things are dying.

Just out of curiosity, does this die on a specific message each time?

Joe

PGP Key: http://www.marcuscom.com/pgp.asc