Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 2004 00:48:54 +0000
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD equivalents of autoconf, automake, etc.

One of the reasons I have been asking this is I will be spearheading a side
project at work to port a device driver (a library, really) from Win32 to
Linux.

I *really* don't want to use Linux to write this.  Since it's really just
going to be a shared library that talks to a serial port, most of the code
will be straight C/C++, and I just need to worry about the serial port
semantics.

However, we will probably use a Linux box at work for development.  I'd like
to set up a platform-independent build environment so I can code/test/run
this on my BSD laptop.  Any suggestions on where to start?

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.