Date:      Wed, 8 Jun 2016 15:32:17 -0400
From:      "Ngie Cooper (yaneurabeya)" <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
To:        jenkins-admin@freebsd.org
Cc:        Garrett Cooper <ngie@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD_stable_9 - Build #1142 - Failure

--Apple-Mail=_9BDA0B6D-93F0-4FFA-A738-464F3DB72F68

https://jenkins.FreeBSD.org/job/FreeBSD_stable_9/1142/
https://jenkins.FreeBSD.org/job/FreeBSD_stable_9/1142/changes
https://jenkins.FreeBSD.org/job/FreeBSD_stable_9/1142/console
>=20
> Change summaries:
>=20
> 301688 by ngie:
> MFstable/10 r301687:
>=20
> MFC r300624:
>=20
> Fix up r300385
>=20
> I accidentally glossed over the fact that tmp is manipulated via =
strchr, so
> if we tried to free `tmp` after r300385, it would have crashed.
>=20
> Create a separate pointer (tmp2) to track the original allocation of =
`tmp`,
> and free `tmp2` if `p->nc_lookups` can't be malloced
>=20
> CID: 1356026
>=20
> 301686 by ngie:
> MFstable/10 r301684:
>=20
> MFC r300385:
>=20
> Don't leak `tmp` if `p->nc_lookups` can't be malloced
>=20
> 301685 by ngie:
> MFstable/10 r301682:
>=20
> MFC r300386:
>=20
> Don't leak `handle` if svc_tp_create(..) succeeds and allocating a new
> struct xlist object fails
>=20
> CID: 978277
>=20
> 301681 by ngie:
> MFstable/10 r301680:
>=20
> MFC r300625:
>=20
> Remove unnecessary memset(.., 0, ..)'s
>=20
> The mem_alloc macro calls calloc (userspace) / malloc(.., =
M_WAITOK|M_ZERO)
> [...]
> r300932:
>=20
> Catch malloc(3) errors and socket(2) errors
>=20
> - malloc failing will result in a delayed segfault
> - socket failing will result in delayed failures with setsockopt
>=20
> Exit in the event that either of these high-level conditions are met.
>=20
> CID: 976288, 976321, 976858
>=20
> r300934:
>=20
> Plug leak with ifp by calling freeifaddrs after calling getifaddrs
>=20
> Obtained from: NetBSD v1.18
>=20
> r300941:
>=20
> Don't leak res in network_init(..)
>=20
> Call freeaddrinfo on it after it's been used
>=20
> CID: 1225050
>=20
> r300972 (by markj):
>=20
> Fix rpcbind init after r300941.
>=20
> - getaddrinfo() sets res =3D NULL on failure and freeaddrinfo() always
>  dereferences its argument, so we should only free the address list =
after
>  a successful call.
> - Address a second potential leak caused by getaddrinfo(AF_INET6)
>  overwriting the address list returned by getaddrinfo(AF_INET).
>=20
> X-MFC-With:	r300941
>=20
> r300973:
>=20
> Follow up to r300932
>=20
> In the event MK_INET6 !=3D no in userspace, but is disabled in the
> kernel, or if there aren't any IPv6 addresses configured in userspace
> (for lo0 and all physical interfaces), rpcbind would terminate
> immediately instead of silently failing on
>=20
> Skip over the IPv6 block to its respective cleanup with freeifaddrs if
> creating the socket failed instead of terminating rpcbind immediately
>=20
> 301642 by ngie:
> MFstable/10 r296994:
> r296994 (by asomers):
>=20
> MFC r293229, r293833 to usr.sbin/rpcbind
>=20
> r293833 | asomers | 2016-01-13 10:33:50 -0700 (Wed, 13 Jan 2016) | 16 =
lines
>=20
> Fix Coverity warnings regarding r293229
>=20
> rpcbind/check_bound.c
>        Fix CID1347798, a memory leak in mergeaddr.
>=20
> rpcbind/tests/addrmerge_test.c
>        Fix CID1347800 through CID1347803, memory leaks in ATF tests.  =
They
>        are harmless because each ATF test case runs in its own =
process, but
>        they are trivial to fix.  Fix a few other leaks that Coverity =
didn't
>        detect, too.
>=20
> r293229 | asomers | 2016-01-05 17:00:11 -0700 (Tue, 05 Jan 2016) | 36 =
lines
>=20
> "source routing" in rpcbind
>=20
> Fix a bug in rpcbind for multihomed hosts. If the server had =
interfaces on
> two separate subnets, and a client on the first subnet contacted =
rpcbind at
> the address on the second subnet, rpcbind would advertise addresses on =
the
> first subnet. This is a bug, because it should prefer to advertise the
> address where it was contacted. The requested service might be =
firewalled
> off from the address on the first subnet, for example.
>=20
> usr.sbin/rpcbind/check_bound.c
>        If the address on which a request was received is known, pass =
that
>        to addrmerge as the clnt_uaddr parameter. That is what =
addrmerge's
>        comment indicates the parameter is supposed to mean. The =
previous
>        behavior is that clnt_uaddr would contain the address from =
which the
>        client sent the request.
>=20
> usr.sbin/rpcbind/util.c
>        Modify addrmerge to prefer to use an IP that is equal to =
clnt_uaddr,
>        if one is found. Refactor the relevant portion of the function =
for
>        clarity, and to reduce the number of ifdefs.
>=20
> etc/mtree/BSD.tests.dist
> usr.sbin/rpcbind/tests/Makefile
> usr.sbin/rpcbind/tests/addrmerge_test.c
>        Add unit tests for usr.sbin/rpcbind/util.c:addrmerge.
>=20
> usr.sbin/rpcbind/check_bound.c
> usr.sbin/rpcbind/rpcbind.h
> usr.sbin/rpcbind/util.c
>        Constify some function arguments

My bad =E2=80=94 the compilation error with bsnmp should be fixed by =
r301690.
Thanks,
-Ngie