Date:      Sun, 9 Dec 2001 16:14:04 -0700 (MST)
From:      RJ45 <rj45@slacknet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem with PPP, it core dumps when in nat mode

I have a big problem with PPP.
I have a DEC personla workstation 500a which is my own server at home
connected with ADSL 256kbps, FreeBSD4.4 stable. I also have a hidden LAN
and I enabled ipnat and nat_ppp on my server to being able to go on the
internet from my hidden lan.
When I start to use all  of my 256kbps bandwith and at the same time I
also connect outside from my hidden lan nearly all the time PPP core dumps
and dies
pid 136 (ppp), uid 0: exited on signal 10 (core dumped)

ifconfig shows me still the active PPP connection with my ISP but ppp is
dead and I am out of the network. I have to restart PPP to get online
again. IT looks like to be a ppp bug. It happens only in the nat_ppp mode.
anyone could gime me some hints how I can fix the problem?
thanks

Rick