Date:      Sun, 24 Jan 1999 09:43:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
To:        Michael Bretterklieber <mbretter@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Problems and questions to custom-config

On 24-Jan-99 Michael Bretterklieber wrote:
> Hi,
> I have the following problems with my custom-config:
>
> 1. I allways get
>    "init: login_getclass: unknown class 'daemon'",
>    but this login-class is in the login.conf file.

Same here, my floppy works regardless, so I've just ignored it.  You probably
should use cap_mkdb to build a login.conf database and stick it in
floppy.tree/etc

> 2. I tried to compile wide-dhcp with crunchgen,
>    but I allways get the messages:
>    "crunchgen: crunch.conf: dhcpc: warning: could not find any .o files"
>
>    "crunchgen: crunch.conf: dhcpc: error: no objpaths specified or
> calculated"
>    I added the right paths in crunch.conf. I also tried it with ssh and
> I had
>    the same problems.

For my custom disk, I just compiled it statically (cd /usr/ports/isc-dhcp2 ;
make configure ; cd work/blah/dhclient ; <add -static to line in Makefile that
links dhclient> ; make ; strip dhclient )  Then, I edited the crunch1/Makefile
and added a cp line to put dhclient in /stand.  You can add another cp line to
take care of 3).  Look at an old version of the net floppy's crunch1/Makefile
to see an example of cp being used.

Also, crunchgen figures out the .o files by looking for a SRCS variable in the
Makefile listing all the .c files that have to be compiled.

> 3. I'd like to add a "/www" dir with an "index.html" file in it,
>    I added the /www in mfs.tree, but I have no idea, how I can
>    copy the index.html-file in this directory.
> 4. During the kernel-decompression I get "warning: malloc-wrapped"
> 5. I'd like to enable /var/log/messages logging for the firewall and
>    login logging.

Make sure you have a syslog.conf in floppy.tree/etc or English and Polish
versions in lang.  Then, edit lang/rc.(en|pl) and make sure it is starting
syslogd.  Make sure mfs.tree contains /var/log or whatever directory you are
using for logging and that crunch1/Makefile has syslogd as a program.

> 6. I could'nt get work the simple_httpd.
>    I get "document contains no data" from my browser and the
> simple_httpd dumps a core.
>    Note: I made a /httphome dir with a simple index.html file.
>
> Generaly my version of PicoBSD works well and I called it firewall, so
> if anybody has interest on my config, mail it.

Good luck.

- ---

John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu> -- http://members.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/
PGP Key: http://members.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/pgpkey.asc