Date:      Tue, 9 May 2000 14:08:26 +0200 (EET)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Current <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: rc.d startup scripts

Errrmmm.... Really, did you check the archives for the issue?

There used to be a real long thread on why/why not sysV style init
scripts. It produced not one but several flamewars iirc 8-)

In short - if we change from the present scheme, we want something better
than just stop and restart entry points for the scripts.

What happens if the restarting is not an atomic, independent act?