Date:      Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:55:55 -0200
From:      "Agressor" <agressor@ig.com.br>
To:        <errata@freebsd.org>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   System Crash with a floppy disk

Iīm using a FreeBSD 4.4 Release and I find a problem using floppy disks.

Put a MS-DOS floppy write-protected in the drive, and execute as root this
commands.

# mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt/fd0
# cd /mnt/fd0
# ls
file1    file2
# mv file* /tmp
(Some errors are reported)
# ls

The system crash now.

The mount_msdos command donīt check the write-protection on the disk, and
accept mount the disk whitch rw mode.

What is the problem???

I made something wrong, but the system would have to tell the error, and not
to stop.

Thanks and excuse-me by my poor English :)

Renato T Sanches - FreeBSD User - Brazil