Date:      Fri, 6 Mar 2020 03:16:00 +0530
From:      Manish Jain <bourne.identity@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Serious problems with pkg

Hi,

I am on a freshly installed 12.1 amd64 box. pkg worked okay till
yesterday, but now I just get operational timeouts trying to install
anything.

I tried multiple things but pkg just keeps throwing timeouts :

1) pkg update -f                                        # timeout

2) pkg bootstrap -f                                     # timeout

3) rm -rf /var/cache/pkg/* /var/db/pkg/repo-*.sqlite
    pkg bootstrap -f                                     # timeout

4) pkg delete -f pkg
    cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg
    make install clean
    pkg update -f                                        # timeout

All timeouts occur after nearly 5 minutes of wait period.

The system is now essentially unusable without a functional pkg.
Any ideas how I could get pkg to work smoothly ?

Thanks for any help,
Manish Jain