Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 1997 10:02:11 +0800
From:      Tom Leung <tomlcf@hkstar.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Handbook in HTML and Dos format

Dear Sir,

I have downloaded the Handbook in HTML format. Its extension is .gz, so
I unzip it with 'gzip.exe' under Dos, and I find that it is expaned into
a single HTML file. I know that it should be broken down into several
hundred HTML files, e.g. handbook.html, handbook2.html, handbook3.html,
etc. How can I do that under Dos?

I also downloaded the Handbook in Dos format. However, there are some
special characters inside. I guess that they are the formatting
characters in the original document that supposed to be bold or
underline. How can I properly format the document such that I can view
or print the document properly?

Thanks and regards,
Tom Leung.