Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 1996 09:50:40 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OK, I think I *finally* got my multicast setup done properly!

> You need to enable DVMRP on your Cisco's ethernet interface; if it's running
> PIM then mrouted won't know how to talk to it.

Hmmm!

> (You can safely say "ip dvmrp default originate only" on that interface, to

By "that interface" I assume you mean serial0, e.g. the T1?
It doesn't like that command, for some reason.  I'm running IOS 11.0
and it says:

gw-walnut-creek(config)#interface serial0
gw-walnut-creek(config-if)#ip dvmrp default originate only
                                                      ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

On the off chance that this isn't a command that's applicable in the
interface context, I also tried:
gw-walnut-creek(config)#ip dvmrp default originate only
                            ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

I've looked at the help for the `ip' command and can't see anything
related to dvmrp.

Thanks!

					Jordan