Date:      Sat, 24 May 2003 12:50:45 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Fehmi <fehmifehmi@yahoo.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Running  Dummynet

Please use reply-all to send your replies to the mailing list
as well.

Fehmi wrote:
> ipfw show:
> 100 allow ip from any to any
> 200 pipe 1 bw 1kbit/s delay 200ms
> 65554 deny ip from any to any

This actually works?  It looks to me like everything should be
blocked by the last rule: thus no networking should work.

Please send the _real_ output from 'ipfw show'.  Did you try
to type in an approximation of what it reported?  Because it's
missing information critical to debugging the problem (such
as the counters).

And don't trim out any rules.  If you trim out rules, nobody
will be able to help you.  If you feel your rules are too
secrete to post, then you need to hire a consultant who will
guarantee secrecy or figure out the solution yourself.