Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 1999 14:44:12 +0800
From:      Clive Lin <clive@GnatS.CirX.ORG>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pcm playback becomes weird.

Cvsup last night, after rebuild world and kernel, things become weird.

part of my dmesg:
sbc0: <Creative ViBRA16C> at port 0x220-0x22f,0x330-0x331,0x388-0x38b irq 5 drq 1,5 on isa0
pcm0: <SB DSP 4.13> on sbc0

whenever I wany to play anyting via esd, the EsounD report
----
unsupported sound format: 33
Audio device open for 44.1Khz, stereo, 16bit failed
Trying 44.1Khz, 8bit stereo.
----

mpg123 plays .mp3 2 times faster then normal play.

Even cat a .au file directly to /dev/dsp, RMS sings faster then normal.
(Err, the free-software-song.au found on www.gnu.org)

x11amp (the aout version installed from ports) freezes when plays anything :-(

With several fix, I still cant' fix this problem... since I'm not familiar
with bsdcode :(

May somebody help this ... ?

--
CirX