Date:      Mon, 19 May 1997 15:43:57 -0400
From:      Jason <jlj.mitchell.max@worldnet.att.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can't get Number NIne FX Motion 531 to work with X and gets error after mounting  Syquest

When I try to install the S3 server with the Number Nine 531, it locks
up after attemtping top start server. I tried both the nonlinear and
nomemacess options and it still  doesn't work.

And I get a timed out message every time I mount my Syquest or acces it.
I think it has something to do with the SCSI controller which is a
ProAudioSpectrum card. Ex. [nca:time out] or something.

Thanks a whole bunch.

P.S. Is the a untar type program for X Windows and how do I extract
"After-1_0_tar.gz" with tar. I all ready used gunzip. I used my Win95
Wintar but the filenames get changed when extracted.