Date:      Sun, 04 Apr 2004 08:33:33 +0100
From:      Robert Downes <nullentropy@lineone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE in make.conf

My make.conf file contains the line:

MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE=ftp://ftp.uk.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles

Someone gave me this line months ago when I asked how to instruct make
to request files from local FTP servers (rather than dumping all
requests on the master server).

However, I can not find a description for this line in any official
literature. I have checked man make.conf, and there seems to be no mention.

Where should I be looking for the definitive description of this
configuration setting, or has it been removed from recent versions of
FreeBSD?

--
Bob