Date:      Wed, 1 Apr 2015 12:48:21 +0200
From:      Zenny <garbytrash@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   pkgng cannot fetch from PACKAGESITE with nanobsd.sh in FreeBSD 10.1

Hi,

1. In order to comply with the pkgng in FreeBSD 10.1, the following changes
were appended to my customized nanobsd.conf:

customize_cmd cust_NANOBSD_setup

> cust_NANOBSD_packages() {
> chroot ${NANO_WORLDDIR} sh -c 'cd packages; pkg; pkg install nano; pkg
> clean;'
> }
>
> customize_cmd cust_NANOBSD_packages

Certainly I had tuned chrooted /etc/resolv.conf with:

#tune resolv.conf
>         echo '
>         nameserver 8.8.8.8
>         nameserver 8.8.4.4
>         ' >> ${NANO_WORLDDIR}/etc/resolv.conf

Still the package cannot be downloaded from PACKAGESITE and got built into
nanobsd image.

2. Also tried with:

cust_pkg() {
>     pkg -c ${NANO_WORLDDIR} update
>     pkg -c ${NANO_WORLDDIR} install nano
>     pkg -c ${NANO_WORLDDIR} clean
> }
>
> customize_cmd cust_pkg

Both ways, I get the same error that reads as of below:

cd: packages: No such file or directory
> pkg: Error fetching
> http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/latest/Latest/pkg.txz: No
> address record
> A pre-built version of pkg could not be found for your system.
> Consider changing PACKAGESITE or installing it from ports:
> 'ports-mgmt/pkg'.
> The package management tool is not yet installed on your system.
> Do you want to fetch and install it now? [y/N]: Bootstrapping pkg from pkg+
> http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/latest, please wait...
> pkg: Error fetching
> http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/latest/Latest/pkg.txz: No
> address record
> A pre-built version of pkg could not be found for your system.
> Consider changing PACKAGESITE or installing it from ports:
> 'ports-mgmt/pkg'.
> The package management tool is not yet installed on your system.
> Do you want to fetch and install it now? [y/N]: Bootstrapping pkg from pkg+
> http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/latest, please wait...
> pkg: Error fetching
> http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/latest/Latest/pkg.txz: No
> address record
> A pre-built version of pkg could not be found for your system.
> Consider changing PACKAGESITE or installing it from ports:
> 'ports-mgmt/pkg'.
> The package management tool is not yet installed on your system.
> Do you want to fetch and install it now? [y/N]: Bootstrapping pkg from pkg+
> http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/latest, please wait...

 Any hint on how to get over to this problem. Thanks!

/z