Date:      Wed, 21 May 2003 09:16:44 +0200
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>
Cc:        "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Subject:   Re: OT: need pppoe help (5.0-current)

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 10:03:32PM +0200, Gary Jennejohn wrote:

> "Christoph P. Kukulies" writes:
> > *This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
> > On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 12:44:21PM +0200, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> > > *This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*

> > Interestingly I get this every 15 minutes: (greped for 'Too'))
> >

> > May 20 03:07:19 www ppp[225]: tun0: Phase: tdsllink: ** Too many LQR packets
> > lost **
>
> add
>
>  disable lqr
>  deny lqr
>
> to ppp.conf

Thanks. 'twas enabled. This made the link down events go for now.
I still have outages. I have 6 to 10 % packet loss when pinging my host
which is kukulies (dot) org, btw, if you want to test yourself.

I would like to find out where the bad line quality is introduced.
19 hops (!) between the university and this machine (home).

Thanks for helping and tolerating the off topic discussion.
Is there another list for this?

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kukulies@rwth-aachen.de