Date:      Thu, 6 Nov 2003 09:41:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      me@prestoncrawford.com
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Setting up X on FreeBSD?

This is just kind of a general question. I've done this before in past
flirts with FreeBSD, but I couldn't get it right last night for some
reason. I'm wondering how easy others find this to be, getting X with a
GDM or something like that going. I couldn't get GDM going at all and KDM
got hung after logging in. So I'm a little worried. I'm trying to switch
from SuSE to FreeBSD. I've used FreeBSD in the past with little trouble,
but this time around (4.9) for some reason I'm having trouble with getting
X setup right.

I'm not looking for help, so much as I'm looking for positive affirmations
that this can be done relatively easily once I get my hands on a book or
really start digging into the handbook.

Preston