Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:33:12 -0800
From:      Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
To:        Bryan Bunch <bbunch@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WPA with ath

Bryan Bunch wrote:
> I'm trying to connect to a Linksys WRT54G. I have tested the card on
> the computer when booting up in XP and it connects fine via WPA. I
> also tested the card in CURRENT with WPA disabled and the card
> connected fine.

There's nothing useful in the log you included.  You can get the reason
code sent by the ap by enabling association debugging in the 802.11
layer.  I usually do this with the 80211debug program found in
/usr/src/tools/tools/ath.  Something like

80211debug +assoc+auth

should suffice.  Messages go to the console.

I've seen postings in various forums that this AP has issues with
certain firmware revs; you might check if your firmware is up to date.

Past the above a packet trace is needed.

	Sam