Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 2004 01:54:18 -0500
From:      Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gphoto2 problems

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 03:35:09PM -0600, Vulpes Velox wrote:
> I am having problems getting gphoto2 to work with freebsd 4.9 stable
>
> The camera in question is a Kodak CX6200 and is listed as working with
> gphoto2.
> The firmware version is 1.0100.

I tested this for you because it reminded me that it has been a long
time since I tried with my Kodak camera.

In my case, FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT with a Kodak DX3900, that helpful
error message means you don't have permission to write the /dev/ugen*
device(s).

To test plug the camera in and, as root,

# chmod 666 /dev/ugen*

Then try gphoto or gtkam.  Works for me.

lambert@lambertfam.org